DHL and other shippers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
WI
I was on the DHL website last night (at like 4 in the morning lol) and when I typed in my address (where my new little Greek will be sent) and it said it couldn't find a shipping location.

Did I do something wrong?

Has anyone here used DHL to ship to central WI, or any other shipping source?

On my other forums, I have heard alot of conflicting info about what is ok to ship through the mail concerning reptiles.

What is the Lacy law?

Ugh. so basically, my question is what shipping services are OK for reptiles. And who has any good feedback from them? Can I pick her up from a DHL location? (is it like a post office?)

Any help appreciated.

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
You didn't do anything wrong Meg :p DHL has stopped shipping domesticly, so they aren't a shipping option.
Right now the only shippers of tortoises are UPS, Fedex, Delta and Southwest. The first 2 will ship to your door and pick up at your door. The last 2 you have to bring the box to the airport and the person receiving has to pick up at the airport also.
I will be shipping UPS from now on. They are the best in my area for pick up and delivery.

Danny

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
Ohhhh ok. I know that I saw alot of older posts about DHL...Do you know anything about the Lacey Act? Or any other laws restricting reptiles sent through the mail? Is it just a snake thing?...I think it was a snake in question on my other forums.

I'm always trying to learn more about the biz and what is acceptable and what is not.

Thanks Danny....guess I am just a natural worrier. Its the mommy part of me I suppose. :p

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
The only reptiles you can send through the mail are lizards. Snakes need a special waiver to send with UPS or Fedex. You basicly need to get approved by both companies. The lacey act comes into affect when you ship endangered species across state lines without proper permits.

Danny

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
Thanks Robyn! Very informative....

Status
Not open for further replies.