Deformed Eggs

Status
Not open for further replies.

onarock

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Hawaii
Last night one of my Leopards layed 15 eggs. 12 good ones and 3 that look like the one pictured below. She also layed that solid piece of shell alos in the picture
enclosure001.jpg

I'm going to wait to see what my other females do the next time they lay, but I'm going to start supplementing with Mazuri durring the rainy months when they don't graze as much.

John

5 Year Member
is this the first time you have had this?i had similar eggs from a really old box turtle only one clutch all the rest were fine.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Had this female laid eggs for you before? If so, all normal before?

onarock

5 Year Member
Hawaii
Yes it is Mick... Got any insight?

Az tortoise compound said:
Paul,
Is this the same female that was easily spooked?

Yup, first time. Ive had all sorts of other things happen, but not this.

squamata said:
is this the first time you have had this?i had similar eggs from a really old box turtle only one clutch all the rest were fine.

She started laying just this year. 3 other clutches all fine.

Jacqui said:
Had this female laid eggs for you before? If so, all normal before?

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Was there any yolk in them? I've came across this a couple of times last year. I would find the shell fragments folded up like that. I wasn't sure if she laid them like that, or laid the egg then trampled over it.

onarock

5 Year Member
Hawaii
Yes there was yolk in all of them. Two of them had little ball like nodes of solid shell on the end that broke off as soon as I touched them breaking the egg.

Neal said:
Was there any yolk in them? I've came across this a couple of times last year. I would find the shell fragments folded up like that. I wasn't sure if she laid them like that, or laid the egg then trampled over it.

John

5 Year Member
ya know sometimes in the animal world stuff just happens its nature its none of our business,if this is a one time thing i wouldn't even look back,if theres a second time or a first for another female then you may have an issue.maybe the quake stressed her.anyhow don't panic homie lol john

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
No help here Paul, we have never had anything look like that. We do feed Mazuri during egg laying season.

Status
Not open for further replies.