Status
Not open for further replies.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Tom said:
I had a few different dog face puffers over the years. To this day they are one of my favorite fishes. My first one lived in a tank right next to my bed when I was a teenager. He'd occasionally wink at me, or tuck one of his pectoral fins in and freak me out. The first time he did that I thought one of the triggers ate his fin...

So sorry you lost him.

Thanks. I think they have the perfect name. They are kinda like a dog:D In some ways.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
Sorry for your loss. When my son's Beta died he insisted on a little funeral. So he picked out a cactus he liked. We dug a hole put Ron in and then planted the cactus on top. We also have a statue of a fish near by. It made him feel better and that was all that mattered.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Angi said:
Sorry for your loss. When my son's Beta died he insisted on a little funeral. So he picked out a cactus he liked. We dug a hole put Ron in and then planted the cactus on top. We also have a statue of a fish near by. It made him feel better and that was all that mattered.

That is so sweet:D.

StudentoftheReptile

5 Year Member
Alabama
MORTYtheTORTY said:
or I would let it deteriorate and preserve the shell :)

I think this is the route I would take. That way I could have the shell as a tangible memento of the animal. And letting the remains deteriorate, as lazy or barbaric as that may sound, is way of returning the animal back to the earth (that whole circle of life thing).

EKLC

5 Year Member
I would drive out to the country and bury my tort

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
Just a little tortoise here, but I have a pet cemetary near my house that he'll be going to if he passes away before I do. I'd probably see about keeping his shell, too. He'd get a proper grave with a headstone, and I'd visit regularly and put down flowers. He's already such a huge part of my life, and we could have decades more to share yet.

My fiancé has a goldfish that's almost 26, living with his mum. I imagine when he passes it'll be hard to just throw him away.

yarok

5 Year Member
Nay said:
Barb,
How sad. I would have to say I never admitted to anyone, besides my hubby, how sad it was to lose my 14 yr old, weird type of cat fish, pleco thing. I never knew what he was and never saw another,but when he died I was feeling how you are.
So yes fish are so cool!!
SO sorry for your loss, 20 yrs wow!!
We now have 8 acres so I at least don't have to worry about where they are to go. But I hope they last longer than me!!
Nay
damm, thats freakin awsome. If i had 8 acres id start my own zoo.

Dog faced puffers are awsome. Sorry.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
yarok said:
Nay said:
Barb,
How sad. I would have to say I never admitted to anyone, besides my hubby, how sad it was to lose my 14 yr old, weird type of cat fish, pleco thing. I never knew what he was and never saw another,but when he died I was feeling how you are.
So yes fish are so cool!!
SO sorry for your loss, 20 yrs wow!!
We now have 8 acres so I at least don't have to worry about where they are to go. But I hope they last longer than me!!
Nay
damm, thats freakin awsome. If i had 8 acres id start my own zoo.

Dog faced puffers are awsome. Sorry.

Thanks to both.

Status
Not open for further replies.