Dave Letterman’s tasteless joke

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadk

10 Year Member!
There is a quote I'm going to butcher, but it goes something like this:

"when the cost of laughter is common decency, the price is too much"

I support free speach and don't get uptight about cartoons and so called comedians getting a laugh no matter the cost. And I'm allowed not to watch their shows on TV, not buy the tickets to their shows, say they are sold out jerks, etc. Freedom is great. But it is just sad to me when people turn something intended for good into something else entirely just for grins and\or profit. But it is what it is...

terryo

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Staten Island, New York
I find NOTHING funny about David Letterman, he disgusts me. Never watch him.
Sarah Palin had my vote, only for her politics, but I wasn't nuts about her lack of respect for animals, but I guess we have to respect people's way of living in different parts of the country and all over the world. I hated watching her interview on Thanksgiving, right in front of a turkey slaughter camp. I hated seeing her teaching her young daughter how to gut a moose. BUT...that's just me.
I think all children, be it the president's children or the children playing in a homeless shelter , or Sarah Palin's children, deserve respect and I don't find anything funny about people making fun of a child.....any child.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
well I never said he could not say it, and jokes about people in wheelchairs or bullimia, well if it makes you laugh more power to you. As a american he can say or do what he likes (with few limits) but I also have the right not to watch him or listen to him, BTW I heard olive garden pulled their commercials off his show. I dont agree with that either but they as a company can decide whether they want to have commercials on a show bout a man who jokes about child rape. I also don't want to see him off the air, we all need to see every so often what these hollywood people think about us from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.