Daily Tortoise Diet

Meraa12

Location (City and/or State)
Phelan
Hello everyone!

I just want to hope on here and ask if my diet for my baby sully is okay!

So at first, I used to feed him spring mix, and 3 times a week I would add some mazuri to it. and once a week I sprinkle some calcium on top. Is that enough calcium a week or should I sprinkle more times a week? Let me know!

since my wheatgrass has grown I have been feeding him that and collard greens everyday and add the mazuri 3 times a week but he doesn't seem to want to eat all of it. He'll eat a but in the beginning but then stop but when he is fed spring mix he goes all in! I also tried feeding him some prickly cactus but he sniffed and walked away. Any recommendations??

I have been wanting to buy him the herbalhay from tortoisesupply.com so i can top of his daily food with it, but do you guys think he'll eat it since he is a baby??

he is very active so I know he must be healthy I just want to make sure what I am feeding him is okay!

Thank you so much you guys!!

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
If ur gonna go with grocery store greens collards are good once and a while but good staples are chickory and escarole. Collards, mustards, kale, arugula etc. are good supplemental greens . Are u using mazuri LS or original? They seem to not like the LS much. As far as the herbal hay goes ull prob have to introduce slowly.. put a lil pinch in w his greens and can up it over time. Good luck w ur baby!

Reactions: Tom

Meraa12

Phelan
If ur gonna go with grocery store greens collards are good once and a while but good staples are chickory and escarole. Collards, mustards, kale, arugula etc. are good supplemental greens . Are u using mazuri LS or original? They seem to not like the LS much. As far as the herbal hay goes ull prob have to introduce slowly.. put a lil pinch in w his greens and can up it over time. Good luck w ur baby!

Oh okay! so then I'll go ahead and feed him some escrole!

I am feeding him the small tortoise diet LS. is that fine? cause it says for smaller species so i dont know if thats okay.

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
They seem to like the mazuri original better. Its hard to find besides ordering online. Just make sure to have some variety until ur weeds and grass are avail.

Meraa12

Phelan
i wet his pellets and mix it with his food. he'll eat them no doubt. should I feed the pellets every day?

and do you know if there are any good foods I can buy him at tortoise supply?

Thank you!

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
The herbal hay is really good. I use it and mine just took a lil time to get used to it. I would stay 3 days a week on the pellets

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
U can also try rep cal tortoise food pellets as a supplemental food a couple times a week