D.I.Y indoor table build... gonna be a lot of questions!

johnandjade

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
scotland
if anyone is wondering why to line wood with tarp etc... here is a screw removed from old unprotected table after only a year ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1445181304.944314.jpg

look at the rust! the old table is now in the trash due to moisture rot.

NDevon

North Devon, UK
Really nice enclosure John, it's great the amount of effort you have put into it. I think I read you were considering a second level, is that the case?

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
Really nice enclosure John, it's great the amount of effort you have put into it. I think I read you were considering a second level, is that the case?

fank ooo :) ( blushing) second level is still on the cards... have noticed fido likes to 'fall graciously' like buzz lightyear from above his basin, it's always going to be work in progress:)

NDevon

North Devon, UK
I am picking up my daughters Cherryheads tomorrow with her and am terrified I'm going to kill them so I'm reading for a few hours a day trying to work out how I can do it better. Their enclosure is ready but I'm not happy with the temperature yet, most of it is at the right top end but there is a larger darker area that is meant to be humid and dark but is instead dark damp and colder. Spent a month and a lot of money getting their enclosure ready and not sure it's at all right now. I had planned to extend it soon but wondering if I need to start this week or just rip it apart and start from scratch.

I was particularly interested in your enclosure as so many people are in the US, just nice to find someone in the uk, though I'm sure it's a lot milder down here than it is up in Scotland!

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
I am picking up my daughters Cherryheads tomorrow with her and am terrified I'm going to kill them so I'm reading for a few hours a day trying to work out how I can do it better. Their enclosure is ready but I'm not happy with the temperature yet, most of it is at the right top end but there is a larger darker area that is meant to be humid and dark but is instead dark damp and colder. Spent a month and a lot of money getting their enclosure ready and not sure it's at all right now. I had planned to extend it soon but wondering if I need to start this week or just rip it apart and start from scratch.

I was particularly interested in your enclosure as so many people are in the US, just nice to find someone in the uk, though I'm sure it's a lot milder down here than it is up in Scotland!

I spent a lot of time trawling through threads as well, this set us was a mix of a few other members, mainly based on toms closed chamber... temps and humidity have held brilliantly! please post up your set up, i'll be pinchin' ideas ;)

NDevon

North Devon, UK
I spent a lot of time trawling through threads as well, this set us was a mix of a few other members, mainly based on toms closed chamber... temps and humidity have held brilliantly! please post up your set up, i'll be pinchin' ideas ;)

Well I have just started a topic with a long long rambling post containing dozens of questions, feel free to have a look. I don't think anyone will want to pinch my ideas, I can't get anything stable at the moment! I too pinched ideas from many people, seems I got it wrong though. Usually I rush stuff, but this I spent so long on, yet still it's not working out.

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
Well I have just started a topic with a long long rambling post containing dozens of questions, feel free to have a look. I don't think anyone will want to pinch my ideas, I can't get anything stable at the moment! I too pinched ideas from many people, seems I got it wrong though. Usually I rush stuff, but this I spent so long on, yet still it's not working out.

i don't think anybody's enclosures are ever truly finished, always ways to improve:). best of luck in your build, I'm sure it'll be great:)