Couldn't help myself!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV
So Me and my daugher decided to go check out the reptile show in Arlington on Saturday "bad idea" after walking around a few times looking at all the snakes and other reptiles. We didn't see anything we liked so we decided to leave and as we past a booth my daughter noticed a plastic container that you couldn't see into and she asked if we could see what it was. Well, it was a very nice looking pair of Asian box turtles and they were selling the pair for $100. After a quick discussion with my daughter we decided to get them .

SN850559.jpg

SN850558.jpg

SN850556.jpg

SN850564.jpg

SN850563.jpg

SN850555.jpg

All the pictures except the plastron are of the male, the female was not to happy so I didn't want to put her through pictures until she settles in, but she looks just like the male, just a lot smaller.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Oh. You've definitely got the sickness Mr."I couldn't help myself..."

Still. Nice turtles.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
I know I do Tom, and my daughter is no help because she is a big animal lover as well... :p

kimber_lee_314 said:
Beautiful!!! (I suffer from the same disease!)

I believe a lot of us on this forum suffer from the same disease.. :D:D

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I do believe I see a smile in the second pic...and they are lucky to have had you drawn to them....good save for sure...:p

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
terryo said:
Very nice. This is why I stopped going to these shows. I would be in devorce court.

I think that I am going to have to stop going to them also. My wife hasn't seen these two yet. :p

ascott said:
I do believe I see a smile in the second pic...and they are lucky to have had you drawn to them....good save for sure...:p

They are both very nice looking, I love the stripes on there faces...

The guy looked sad when I bought them, I think he wife was making him sell them... :p

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
100 for a pair is a pretty good price, I had an asian box turtle many many years ago, but sadly a raccoon got him. Nice looking ones. In case you don't know their care is basically the same as other box turtles, though I do believe they are more aquatic than land.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
I am severely suffering from the sickness myself. The past 2 weekends I've piked up a pair of yellowfoots, 2 pairs of redfoots, .4 russians, and a pair of hingebacks. And another Burmese star coming in a couple of weeks. Please help me lol.

I did notice that table and it was very hard to see what he had. Nice pair. I was close to getting some from him too. Good pick up.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
dmmj said:
100 for a pair is a pretty good price, I had an asian box turtle many many years ago, but sadly a raccoon got him. Nice looking ones. In case you don't know their care is basically the same as other box turtles, though I do believe they are more aquatic than land.

Thanks David I am in process of making sure they have a nice pool to relax in.

Sorry to hear about the raccoon getting yours. I am also working on a plan to put up protective netting to protect my smaller species, I have been seeing more stray cats and a oppossum running around.

tortadise said:
I am severely suffering from the sickness myself. The past 2 weekends I've piked up a pair of yellowfoots, 2 pairs of redfoots, .4 russians, and a pair of hingebacks. And another Burmese star coming in a couple of weeks. Please help me lol.

I did notice that table and it was very hard to see what he had. Nice pair. I was close to getting some from him too. Good pick up.

Aww man, I wish I knew you were going there, I would have liked to meet you.

did you happen to see that large sulcata they had there?

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
I did see it. That was a biggen. Could of had some better husbandry but who knows one that size was probably an import.

I'm actually going to be a vendor at that show next month with a lot of my babies for sale and lots of info to hand out to people on the new and improved way to care for baby torts. So hope to see you at the next one. July 28th and 29th I believe is the date.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
I agree on the husbandry, my daughter said it stinks and I told her thats why I don't use hay any more, because it will smell like a stinky barn after its been peed or pooped on.

I will go just to say hi and yes I do believe those are the correct dates...

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
dmarcus said:
I will go just to say hi and yes I do believe those are the correct dates...

Now wasn't this the man who just said he was going to have to quit going to these things? Something about a wife and divorce? :p :D Don't even try to tell us the bit about "just to say hi", we know you to well to believe that story. :D :D

P.S. I like your new additions. I have a pair from many years ago. They are great turtles.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
I won't take any extra money or my credit card and I should be fine... :p

GeoTerraTestudo

5 Year Member
Broomfield, Colorado
Beautiful animals. I'm sure they're in good hands with you now.

I do go to these shows, but I treat it more like a zoo than a pet store. Someday I'll get more steppe tortoises, but for now, two is plenty for me. :)

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
They are very nice. I haven't bothered them much since I got them, I want to let them settle into there new enclosure. The male has been out and about but the female has dug herself in somewhere in the enclosure.

Status
Not open for further replies.