cool mist humidifier vs warm mist

captain

Location (City and/or State)
Ontario
hello!!
Just working on keeping the humidity up in my open top enclosure and I know it's going to be hard for now because its open top, thinking of buying a humidifier for the room because it is super dry and it will help both me and my tortoise, but just wondering which is better to get, the warm mist or the cool mist for captain???

vanilla13gorilla

Nebraska
captain said:
hello!!
Just working on keeping the humidity up in my open top enclosure and I know it's going to be hard for now because its open top, thinking of buying a humidifier for the room because it is super dry and it will help both me and my tortoise, but just wondering which is better to get, the warm mist or the cool mist for captain???

I personally, use a 1 gallon cool mist in my Leopard tank, covered.. it is set to LOW and keeps it at 85% humidity.. at 85-92 degree, ambient temps. I also have 2 200 watt heaters and some 12VDC fans to keep it circulating but that just me overdoing it..

You can try warm but I just figured, it is WARM in my tank so why bother?... just my $.02.

the_dude_abides

In my enclosure, the fogger's fog gets heated up rather quickly. My 4 different thermostats tell me so. It comes rolling out at a slow pace so i attribute that to it heating well. But i do have a manifold type thing i made up so it distributes evenly across the length of the enclosure. I suppose its possible to have a cool spot where a single fogger tube would come out, but if you've got adequate heating it shouldn't pose a problem.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
A humidifier would be my choice...taking into account what you are tryi g to achieve...I do not know if your walls are drywall or some other material...but if you run a humidifier also let it turn off from time to time so you don't have a negative issue with the drywall and high humidity....