I finally got my first tortoise! ID?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Palmdale CA
Newo13 said:
So this is Gilbert my first tortoise! I got him at a reptile show today and the man said he was a Greek Tortoise, but he didn't know what kind because the lady in charge of the tortoise wasn't there yet. Does anyone know what kind of Greek he is? Also I know telling age is hard, but I'm curious about how old he is, he is almost 2 inches long.Thanks!

Oh he's a bit dirty because he went digging already. He seems active, has eaten some lettuce and had a nice soak.

I went to that same reptile show and saw those same tortoise's! I wanted to get one SO BAD but I already had one and two on the way ;) he looks cute :D

Newo13

10 Year Member!
New Orleans, Louisiana
I hope this picture helps! It's not super clear because he kept kicking.

Q2lt2.jpg

Ok so the people who sold him to me replied saying they looked at the pictures I sent again and they made a mistake and hermann's got mixed with the greeks. So they have confirmed he is a Hermann's but haven't said what kind. They also offered to switch him for a Greek, but we've fallen in love with this little guy so we're keeping him!

Newo13

10 Year Member!
New Orleans, Louisiana
Update: The seller responded to me that they contacted the breeder and my Gilbert is an Eastern Hermann's tortoise and was born between July 1-12. So he's a really young baby! Thank you again for all the help everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.