Concern on size???

Tseeman

Location (City and/or State)
Ohio
Hey meet Lenard. I recently met another leopard Tortoise owner from this forum. He has a female close to the same age who is massive compared to Lenard. He knows his is a female. I'm still unsure my sex. He was purchased last April and I was told he was around 3-4 months old at that time. He's roughly 3.5 by 3.5 inches only measured shell. Do I have to be concerned? The member I'm speaking of his female is almost 700 grams I haven't been able to weigh Lenard but he's no where near that weight.

Attachments

• 20190212_171319.jpg
    20190212_171319.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 46

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Welcome if your enclosure and care are proper and your tort is healthy. Don't worry I have been concerned about that myself. Finding someone here with the same age tort. Or twice the age so I double Opo's weight. The math doesn't work LOL.
I think I have come to a decision if I am caring for Opo correctly. Opo will grow at Opo's pace.
Leonard is wonderful.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Hey meet Lenard. I recently met another leopard Tortoise owner from this forum. He has a female close to the same age who is massive compared to Lenard. He knows his is a female. I'm still unsure my sex. He was purchased last April and I was told he was around 3-4 months old at that time. He's roughly 3.5 by 3.5 inches only measured shell. Do I have to be concerned? The member I'm speaking of his female is almost 700 grams I haven't been able to weigh Lenard but he's no where near that weight.

If your set up is good then do not tit for tat your tort...genetics are a huge factor....for example, I have a redfoot tortoise here that is over a year older than another and the older tort is 1/3 the size of the younger tort...purely genetics...