Complete care for upcoming red foot tortoises?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tupacliveson16

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
The Colony Texas!
I have owned many turtles and tortoises and I want to add a little red foot to the gang. I need full instructions on taking care of these guys. From feeding to habitat. I am very confused on there humidity controlling. Please help! Thanks!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi tupacliveson16, and welcome to the Forum!!

You will find everything you need to know about the redfooted tortoise species at the Tortoise Library

After you've absorbed all that info, if you still have questions, we'll be happy to help you.

abclements

5 Year Member
And here's another one for you, just so you can get all read up lol

http://www.redfoots.com/redfoot.htm

I think it's created by turtletary but it has a nice break down of every category! :) Hope this helps, as always, we're here to answer any questions you may have! It's just easier to send you to already existing care sheets that we use and trust! I used all 3 different care sheet because they are similar and it allowed me to pic and choose which advice from each sheet was appropriate for my situation. Each care sheet isn't a one size fits all kinda thing, but they are all really really good places to start out!

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
As you read care sheets, keep something in mind- most are written based on the experience of the author, and it tends to reflect their specific situations. An example of this with red-footeds is how they discuss humidity management. An author from Florida rarely mentions it since it is not a problem for them. Turtletary does not stuggle with it as much in his state as you would in Texas, etc.

As I worked on the Library, I tried hard to offer advice that can be applied more universally, but it is not perfect either, which is why it includes so many links to other sites.

tupacliveson16

5 Year Member
The Colony Texas!
Madkins007 said:
As you read care sheets, keep something in mind- most are written based on the experience of the author, and it tends to reflect their specific situations. An example of this with red-footeds is how they discuss humidity management. An author from Florida rarely mentions it since it is not a problem for them. Turtletary does not stuggle with it as much in his state as you would in Texas, etc.

As I worked on the Library, I tried hard to offer advice that can be applied more universally, but it is not perfect either, which is why it includes so many links to other sites.

Well these two little reds are going to be a little complicated at first, but i know i will be able to take care of these guys. Just right now, there setup will be really tacky until i go all out. I would love to show all of you my ideas! I just dont know how
.----.

Status
Not open for further replies.