Closed enclosure

hdeaver1

My husband helped create a closed enclosure for Tortellini this last weekend and after a week I would like to post the results on his atmosphere. Every morning, afternoon, and evening we spray the tank to keep it humid. The humidity gets to about 60 and the temp is about 90 and the hottest side. I have also been giving him more frequent soaks and have noticed an increase in his activity and bowel movements. So, how do you think I am doing? Any other suggestions, or from what I have explained do I have it right?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Sounds good, except I would try to get the humidity to 80%. Also, make sure your using a good humidity gauge, not those disc type things the pet stores sell. They are not very accurate.

hdeaver1

I will purchase one as soon as I am able (I know they aren't expensive.) Any suggestions on keeping the humidity at 80? It will do that after I have sprayed, but not for long.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Oregon
Do you have any holes in the chamber? I have great results keeping humidity up without spraying by keeping all the holes covered.

hdeaver1

There are a few cracks around the edges from the tin foil, but we did the best we could to trap it in.