Closed Chamber Lining/sealer

baldegale

hello, im in the process of plans for my 4'x8' closed chamber. i was wondering if anyone had some good sealers? i really wouldnt prefer plastic lining but if its whats best i guess ill do it.

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
hello, im in the process of plans for my 4'x8' closed chamber. i was wondering if anyone had some good sealers? i really wouldnt prefer plastic lining but if its whats best i guess ill do it.
For sealing the inside of closed chambers, I've had best luck with Rustoleum countertop paint. Can be tinted to the color of your choice. Is waterproof and food safe. On bare wood- use a Rustoleum latex primer then a few coats of the countertop paint.

Reactions: Tom

baldegale

For sealing the inside of closed chambers, I've had best luck with Rustoleum countertop paint. Can be tinted to the color of your choice. Is waterproof and food safe. On bare wood- use a Rustoleum latex primer then a few coats of the countertop paint.
will look into it! thank you!

baldegale

can you link me this stuff actually? having trouble finding it.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I've had a lot of trouble finding something suitable for this. I've used non-toxic boat paint, but that was very expensive. I used DryLok on my last one and that seems to be holding up well.

I like Mark's suggestion and I will likely try that for my next build.

I've used plastic liners too, but they just don't hold up under anything except babies.

baldegale

i had a friend who used drylok and has only been on there for a month or so and they said it started chipping and peeling. same thing goes for the reviews of drylok.

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)

baldegale

do you have any idea how much of that itd take for a 4x8 by any chance? just a rough estimation?

baldegale

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California

baldegale

http://thd.co/1FTHcr6

im going to make a separate post on this on here and the bearded dragon forum but do you have any experience with this stuff? it seems like itd work perfectly.