Closed chamber ideas?

johnsonnboswell

5 Year Member
It depends on how deep it is and how deep you make the substrate. That could be hard to reach into.

Saleama

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Irving Texas
My mother has one like that. It is a storage box made to be reachable. Hers is very well constructed but I am not sure how heat resistant it is. You may have some issues with your lamps if you can't keep them far enough away from the outer wall. If that is not an issue then I would say they would make a great closed chamber for a tort of appropriate size.

mikeh

5 Year Member
I seen those at home depot. It would make a very suitable enclosure for hatchling. May need some thinkering to hang heat light at appropriate/sufficient distance.

johnsonnboswell

5 Year Member
Can you reach in comfortably? That's really my question. If not, then it's no good.

Aunt Caffy

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Texas
Here's another idea I had. A cold frame greenhouse.

Aunt Caffy

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Texas
Farmtek has a 4' by 8' one with a flip open top. The top is 3' high.
There's another one called the Plant Inn by Palram that has polycarbonate panes, a 30" peak, easy to open doors, and a small storage area underneath. I would need two of them with slight modification. Anyway, they're about $300 each on Amazon with free shipping. It looks to have everything I need to make a closed chamber and has the added bonus of being raised off the floor and away from the dogs.