Clarifcation please

Status
Not open for further replies.

cknfrmr

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Kernersville, NC
I have been doing so much reading on Sulcatas my eyes feel like they are going to pop out. I have read to feed them every other day and some have said everyday. At this point i am so confused my head is spinning and heres why. In the wild they have acess to all the food they can eat, in a outdoor encloser same thing and last but not least on there outdoor excercise sessions if they are housed inside a humans house they can eat all the grass or weeds they want. So my thoughts are even though they have slow metabilism they are going to be little garbage dispolsals no matter what correct? So is it ok to feed them everyday or should i put down a piece of plywood when little " Stilley " goes for its training time outdoors to get natural sunlight. I need help dont want to do the wrong thing. Thanks for looking and your time.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
What age and size are we talking about?
In the wild.. their food source is seasonal.. its not very abundant..
Mine eat daily what graze they have and I supplement a few times a week with stuff and Mazuri, for the younger smaller ones in a smaller space. the big guys.. they just graze.

cknfrmr

5 Year Member
Kernersville, NC
baby Sulcata about 4 inches in size. Just took it outside now for a little stroll. First thing it did was eat then sprint across the yard. Still cant beleive how fast those things can go. Its defentily not the tortoise i read about as a kid. Mine is very active. gets out to stroll several times a day. and its indoor cage is 4 ft by 3 ft. i like to be able to move around so i figured so does the tortoise. also read they like space. i just dont want this thing sick or unhappy. want to do whats right. Thanks again

Laura said:
What age and size are we talking about?
In the wild.. their food source is seasonal.. its not very abundant..
Mine eat daily what graze they have and I supplement a few times a week with stuff and Mazuri, for the younger smaller ones in a smaller space. the big guys.. they just graze.

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
I would feed a baby every day. Organic spring mix is great. I let my older one graze everyday at will and I give her other things about 3 times a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.