Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
reptylefreek said:
I couldn't see it... it said I had to be logged in to see it and I dont have a facebook account

Me too! I cheated and used my husband's account...shhhh don't tell him. :rolleyes:

I got a big chuckle out of his Christmas photo. :D

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
That is just amazing. How did you get such great photos, hand feeding this gentle giant, and manage not to show yourself? We could have used a human at some point, for scale if nothing else!:p

Clarence's head somehow seems disproportionately small compared to his body. I don't remember noticing that about Lonesome George, who was a kind of Galapagos.

Does Clarence really bite people? I always tell spectators that Taco does not, cannot, bite. The only thing I've ever seen her bite is food. Do all tortoises bite, or just some?

Sorry for all the questions. Thanks for the REALLY COOL pictures!:D

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
That is one big tortoise! I loved all of the pictures of him. Thanks for posting the site Laura. :)

TheACO731

5 Year Member
The OC
Stephanie Logan said:
Does Clarence really bite people? I always tell spectators that Taco does not, cannot, bite. The only thing I've ever seen her bite is food. Do all tortoises bite, or just some?

My sulcata Pops bit my finger when I was feeding him apple slices, hurt a lot and bled a little. I gave them grapes one day and now whenever they see toes, they will try to bite/eat them.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
If it has a mouth,, it can bite.. doesnt mean it intended or aggressive, but it can bite.
Mine bite food I am feeding and my fingers have been in the way a few times.. it can hurt!
Those pics are of him where he lives at the Teaching Zoo at Moorpark College.

Chipdog

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Columbus Ohio
First my mom then Clarence....

Maybe it is time for me to get a facebook page.

Naaaaa

Status
Not open for further replies.