Clarence Galop At Moorpark college

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Foothills above Sacramento CA
Clarence - the Galapagos Tortoise - escaped from his enclosure on November 28. He used his bulk/mass to push out/wedge over the fence panel near his bedroom, and he escaped. He was "recaptured" after about 10 feet, and coaxed/lured back into his home. Luckily, No one was injured in this dramatic escape....!!!!

cut and paste from newsletter..
I tried to find a pic I posted of him a while back.. He has a facebook page..

found the thread in photos 'clarence the Galopagos tortoise' and its been closed...
sorry no pic.. but you can find his own page on Facebook.
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/galapagostortoise

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Funny. They live their whole lives completely happy within the boundaries then one day they decide to push over a fence. Who'da thunk it.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
My boss watched a galop push right through the corner of a metal shed one day.

Clarence is a cool dude. They had the opportunity to get him a couple of ripe and ready females and declined. They said they thought at 85 he was too old and they didn't want to stress him. I said "Wha.....". 85? He's a spring chicken. He's just barely starting his prime. I think there must have been some bureaucracy involved.

My alma mater just isn't what it used to be...

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
Clarence is in a small pen.. so adding two more and the heating issue probably was too much at the time. Lost of building and remodeling going on there...

tortoises101

5 Year Member
Ontario, Canada
People think giant torts are lumbering tanks, but I know they can easily push over fences supported in concrete and climb over 3' walls. They're really talented when it comes to escape.

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
yeah they are remodeling a lot of the buildings, adding new nursing buildings, and i think part of the zoo they are fixing up.

Status
Not open for further replies.