chocolate coffin (indoor redfoot enclosure)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirby88

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
BC, Canada
IMG-20110815-00081.jpgI've just completed my indoor redfoot enclosure. It's approx 6'x3'. I've designed and built it very similar to the last enclosure I had in the way that there is a slanted front for viewing and a cover to help keep humidity up. In my last set up humidity was always at a rock steady 80% with the cover doors closed. The cover in the pics are made out of corrugated plastic sheets and I will be installing thin clear plastic sheets for the windows i've cut. I've also lined the inside with vinyl florring tiles I had laying around. I drilled 3 ventilation holes 2.5" in the back that are also used to thread eletrical cords through. Is this enough or should I drill more holes? Right now it doesn't quite matter because the windows of the front doors are uncovered. Any othe suggestions for improvement is greatly appreciated. Btw, please excuse the tacky duct tape. The paint I used on the inside is stick resistent so the tiles had trouble sticking flat to them. The divider you see in the pic is to separate my juvi's and hatchlings. IMG-20110815-00084.jpgIMG-20110819-00094.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That's really nice. I'd like to see it when it is inhabited.

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
Great enclosure I love the veiwing window on a slant well done :)

Khameleon21

5 Year Member
That is amazing, it's perfect in size, and will allow excellent humidity control. I would run out and buy one of those right now if it was in a store. Great job.

Kirby88

5 Year Member
BC, Canada
Robert said:
I like the enclosure, but I must admit that I don't understand the title of the thread: chocolate coffin

well chocolate is the color and when I was done the structure of it my brother said that it kind of looked like in shape and size of a coffin

emysemys said:
That's really nice. I'd like to see it when it is inhabited.

if you look in the last pic you can see that it already is :)

Kirby88

5 Year Member
BC, Canada
Thank you all for the kind words and compliments. So what do you think about drilling more holes. Do you think I'll need to? In the picture you can see the 2.5" diameter hole I have drilled in the back.

Attachments

• IMG-20110819-00095.jpg
    IMG-20110819-00095.jpg
    662.2 KB · Views: 47

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
:D A coffin for the living, and they have red on them, hmmm gonna use it for Redfooted vampires? :D All kidding aside, very nice! If it was me, I would leave the holes as is, until I had it all set up and then see if more holes were needed.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
I love it! I think the hatchling side with the teeny hide is sooo cute!! Btw- very nice design, it does not look like a coffin to me:)

Stephanie

5 Year Member
Southern California
That is a beautiful enclosure! Those redfoots must be in tort paradise! :D
I agree with Jacqui: +1 on the leaving the holes unless more are needed.
Fantastic job!

Status
Not open for further replies.