Chloe is so cute in the morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

brianfurtado

5 Year Member
Every morning at 9AM, when her lights and heat lamps come on, she turns around in her burrow and only exposes her head. She'll yawn a few times and slowly make her way out of the burrow. It's the tort equivalent of rolling around in your quilt for an hour on a Saturday morning...

Chloe In The Morning.JPG
Chloe In The Morning 2.JPG
Chloe In The Morning 3.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Colorado
AAaawwww, that is just darling! Peeking out of her hide to test the morning air...:D

She looks a bit like The Monster Who Ate the Furtado Family in that last shot...:p

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
So cute! I love to watch mine come staggering out in the morning to bask in the sun. They look like they have a hang over! I have a Chloe too! :)

terracolson

5 Year Member
Sacramento
So cute.. i caught my first tortoise yawn today as well... i only wish i would have caught it like you did!!

Great Camera shot

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Awww she's adorable :D I've only seen Nelson yawn ONCE! I'm amazed that you captured a yawn :)

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Very cute pics of such a sleepy little tortoise. She looks like she's a hard one to get out of bed. :D :p

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
That's so cute. When Pio comes out of his hide to eat, he stomps out like he's going to war. If he spots a worm from his hide, he comes out like he's in stampede mode.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Pio in "stampede mode"...now that would be worthy of a video segment for youtube so we can all see it! :p

I am already laughing just at the image it conjures.

brianfurtado

5 Year Member
Terry, because I'm new I went ahead and 'creeped' your previous posts on Pio. What a great tort! My goodness you must be proud and your indoor and outdoor enclosures are just breathtaking! I am so jealous. I just bought my first house here in Ontario Canada (recent University grad with a stable job - thank goodness!) and I hope that I can, in the near future, even come close to 1% of what you have accomplished in that backyard! Thanks for the inspiration.

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.