chinese box turtle

Status
Not open for further replies.

jack2626

5 Year Member
hello ! i am living in los angeles .i have two turtles already. I am looking for a Chinese box turtle. Please pm me.

Attachments

• V9NE81L6B$E9V36EKX2MD36.jpg
    V9NE81L6B$E9V36EKX2MD36.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 51

sibi

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida, USA
Hi and welcome. As a side note, if you have a dog, plan on getting a dog, or allow people to bring dogs to your home, you'll want to read the post below my name. It was written by an experienced tort owner named Tom. Thanks.

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Orange County, So Cal
Why Kelly, why are becoming getting rare. I saw one listed on craigslist months back and he called it a golden coin turtle. Is that the same as Chinese box turtle? He was asking 60 for it I think and someone bought it and relisted for 250 on kingsnake classifieds. It was beautiful. Wish I had been smarter and quicker.

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
I saw three of them at a store in Lodi, Ca a few months ago. I don't know if the guy still has them, but his wife said good luck in getting him to sell. I am not sure why this is, they were in a 20 gallon tank, with a pancake. Maybe to show off?The place is called GBU enterprice. They are beautiful! good luck.

jack2626

5 Year Member
Blake m said:
I saw three of them at a store in Lodi, Ca a few months ago. I don't know if the guy still has them, but his wife said good luck in getting him to sell. I am not sure why this is, they were in a 20 gallon tank, with a pancake. Maybe to show off?The place is called GBU enterprice. They are beautiful! good luck.

thank you for help me,they don't have turtles.

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
[/quote]

thank you for help me,they don't have turtles.
[/quote]

They don't have the Chinese anymore?

LeoCraze

5 Year Member
BeeBee*BeeLeaves said:
Why Kelly, why are becoming getting rare. I saw one listed on craigslist months back and he called it a golden coin turtle. Is that the same as Chinese box turtle? He was asking 60 for it I think and someone bought it and relisted for 250 on kingsnake classifieds. It was beautiful. Wish I had been smarter and quicker.

Chinese box turtle (Cuora flavomarginata) or golden-headed turtle is not to be confused with the golden coin turtle (Cuora trifasciata) or Chinese three-striped box turtle. Here is an article on how rare/valuable and critically endangered in the wild the Cuora trifasciata is

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com...2013/03/20/turtles-extinct-species-hong-kong/

Status
Not open for further replies.