Cherry head baby prolapse?

selviester

Location (City and/or State)
Indonesia
C1BA1902-548A-49EF-84CF-30B4EAC11EAD.jpeg Hi all,

I was just writing about how my CHs are being picky eater. Today I was shocked by one of them.

This morning I soaked and basked them as usual, and Kimchi pooped normally, he also ate normally, walking around etc normally. Then I put him back to the tortotable and I was about to leave when I noticed he was like trying to push something out.

I checked it and it really shocked me! I immediately went to the vet. By the time I got there, the thing went back inside! So the vet was confused and she said nothing she could do. I was about to leave and there he was again, starting to push... this time it came out again.

The vet decided to get him minor stitches to prevent it coming out but he just kept on pushing and pushing. I stayed there for 3,5 hours until he stopped pushing.

Brought him home and he was drinking like crazy and he was eating as well (I gave him hibiscus leaf, 3 hibiscus petal and romaine lettuce) and he was eating normally like nothing happened.

He is now sleeping but Im still worried. What if it comes out again? Please give me advice. Im really scared.

Last edited:

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
That doesn't look like a normal flashing to me?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
He/she may have an overly large load of parasites, or might be constipated. I would feed wet foods for a while to make sure he's not constipated - aloe, cucumber, even a bit of melon. If it comes out again, you can take the fleshy part of your little finger and gently push it back in. You may have to hold it until he stops pushing. But you need to find out the 'why' or it will just keep happening.

selviester

Indonesia
He/she may have an overly large load of parasites, or might be constipated. I would feed wet foods for a while to make sure he's not constipated - aloe, cucumber, even a bit of melon. If it comes out again, you can take the fleshy part of your little finger and gently push it back in. You may have to hold it until he stops pushing. But you need to find out the 'why' or it will just keep happening.
Thank you Yvonne for the reply. We did xray on him and doctor found some sand and dirt inside so it could be constipation. She prescribed him something to soften his poop. I will keep an eye.

Cheryl Hills

5 Year Member
Youngstown, Ohio
Sand can and does cause impactions. I sure hope you are not using sand as a substrate. If you are, please get rid of it and go to something else, coco coir, fir bark, etc. Just some friendly advice. Good luck with your little one.

selviester

Indonesia
Sand can and does cause impactions. I sure hope you are not using sand as a substrate. If you are, please get rid of it and go to something else, coco coir, fir bark, etc. Just some friendly advice. Good luck with your little one.
Thank you! Im actually using coco husk for the substrate and vet suggested me to change it by today.