CHE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortioselove101

5 Year Member
Hey guys sorry i haven't been on very busy so im getting mouse che for winter and wanted to know if i could get one from lowes or home depot and if yes is there a special wattage or somthing?

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Oregon
i ordered my from amazon for about 15 bucks. i have 75watt. i originally ordered a 150watt but then lowered just in case. i was afraid of going "too hot". i was right, my 75watt CHE is placed 16inch above the substrate. directly under it is about 90 degrees. the area where my tort sleeps is about 83. so figure out how high you plain to hang the CHE and go from there..

anyone else want to state what wattage they have, how high above the enclosure and what the temps read?

Tortus

5 Year Member
Maryland
I have a 60 watt at about the same height and it gets in the low 80's directly underneath. That may change when the weather gets colder. I only use it at night.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Tortus said:
I have a 60 watt at about the same height and it gets in the low 80's directly underneath. That may change when the weather gets colder. I only use it at night.

I think it will change. It has cooled down where I live a bit and last night my under the CHE temp was only 88 and the hide temp was 82. Hopefully as my room temps drop the CHE and tank temps dont drop too much lower.

I also only use the CHE at night

lovelyrosepetal

5 Year Member
Oklahoma
I live in Oklahoma and I could not find CHE's anywhere. I had to order mine online, thank goodness for the internet! I bought mine at Amazon and I bought two. I got the white 100w and the white 150w (maybe that was 160? I got my MVB bulbs at the same time and one of them was 150w and one was 160w, I am not sure if it was the MVB or the CHE that was 150w or 160w). I also wondered about what the difference was between the black and white. I got mine for $15 and $16 but it was the shipping and handling that killed me. The shipping and handling was almost as much as the two CHE's; it cost $22. I hate shipping and handling! Good luck figuring out what you need.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.