Charlotte?/Igor

lynnefay

Location (City and/or State)
OREGON
Hello Everyone,
I am new, so bear with me.
In college I had box turtles for 3 years. I had to rehome them when I moved after I graduated.
For, literally, decades I missed them. Now, at 45, I decided to get Ivan, The Russian Tortoise, from a pet store this last spring. It being Portland, and a respected pet store, I bought him a few months ago, assuming, he was captive bred.
3 weeks later I find out, no:( He was not. Anyway, definitely a boy. (My daughter has agreed to take him if I die before he does).
HOWEVER, I couldn't leave well enough alone. I felt guilty. That Ivan was wild caught, that he'd live alone. So....I went on Craigslist to get him a girlfriend... or 3. I found Charlotte in Seattle. I drove up, got her, quarantined them for a month. Then I introduced them in the yard. Charlotte ran right up, Ivan pulled into his shell. Two days in a row. HMMMMM. Charlotte has a short tail....I grabbed her and did a gyno exam. Spike on the tail, slit for the genitals....sigh.
If I post pictures, can you help me know for sure if it is an Igor or a Charlotte? I am commited either way. They each have their own awesome enclosures, regardless.
Side note, kinda interesting...Igor/Charlotte was found 5 years ago loose in a Seattle park, turned into the animal shelter. The people I got her from had adopted her, cool... kept her in a storage tub for 5 years...not cool, BUT she/he is here now.:)
Let me know if I should share pictures. Thank you.