Chameleons up for adoption in Broward county Florida

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I have kept Chameleons for a few years. I'm cutting back now.
I have one adult male JACKSONS Chameleon and one juvenile female VEILED Chameleon up for adoption. These are located in Sunrise Florida. Area code 33322 and are on a "You come get them" basis.
Do not contact me if you are not experienced with Chameleon care. A novice will kill these within a month or two.
Some supplies and equipment are also available. But those are not free. The Chameleons are.

Attachments

• 20240204_153559.jpg
    20240204_153559.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 2
  • 20240204_153615.jpg
    20240204_153615.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 2

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
If I lived there in South Florida I would probably adopt one. My daughter lives in Sunrise...but she shudders just to see any lizard. Sigh.

dd33

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Florida
I am curious to know where you got these guys from originally. Are they wild collected animals from somewhere in Florida?

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I am curious to know where you got these guys from originally. Are they wild collected animals from somewhere in Florida?
No
The wild collected Chameleons are usually full of parasites and don't do well when placed back into captivity.
Veiled and Panther Chameleons are relatively common here. Not so much the JACKSONS. They are a more delicate species that require a lot of extra care. Including a nighttime temperature drop of at least 15-20 degrees and almost constant misting to mimic clouds.
I'm not sure they do well in the wild anywhere in the U.S. except areas of Hawaii.
Even with experience and complicated equipment, they can be a challenge. This guy is about 4 years old.