Can't Find Augustus

Marian Stevens

5 Year Member
For the second time this week, dusk has come and gone, and Augustus didn't 'self park' in his cabinet. About 50% of the time, he will go into his cabinet which I lock up to protect him from raccoons. Last time, he buried himself in mulch under our Philedendrom plant - if I owned this house I would take that stupid thing out as it constantly takes over the patio.

I'm wondering what I can do to make him easier to find! Can't put a bell on a tort...(sigh). Augustus is a CA Desert tortoise I rescued 3 months ago.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Perhaps design him a space of his own? A bit more size appropriate? I mean, I am simply guessing he has run of a very large area in relation to his size????

Marian Stevens

5 Year Member
Yes he has a huge yard to roam in. He has a cabinet that I feel is to tall since they like to burrow and he has a little "stable" that he sometimes goes in. Found him in the philedendrom mulch again this morning....sigh...

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
OH, USA
I tie a neon flower to my russians shell in case he gets 'lost'. It's too small to block any light, not very heavy, and is VERY easy to spot. I only do it if he's going to be in his yard for a while and I'm not out there :)