Can you over soak?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annaliisas

5 Year Member
Well, it's me again. I soaked Wally for 25 minutes this morning. I had to change the water 6 times because he kept pooping! He did mellow out towards the end and look like he was enjoying it. But it really made a difference in his behavior today! Previous owner did not soak him. She said he didn't like it. But with the severe pyramiding, soaking has been recommended.

He is like a different animal today! Very active. Moving around a lot. Out of his hole most of the day or in it with his head sticking out. I did as Tom suggested and got rid of the sand mix in the enclosure and now it is only sterile dirt. Because it was so fluffy coming out of the bag, it was difficult for him to get any traction. I think his muscles aren't very strong either from being in a cage for so long.

But I thought I might soak him again this evening for 20 minutes as well. Can you over soak?

Attachments

• image-3578539677.png
    image-3578539677.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 61

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
I suppose if you left one in water for 8 hours a day every day, you might start to see some skin issues or something. As dry as it is in AZ and where I am in CA, you can soak for an hour twice a day and it won't hurt a thing. I'm not advocating this much soaking, just saying that in my opinion it will do no harm.

In a few weeks your tortoise is going to feel like a new man.

Status
Not open for further replies.