Can we leave our tortoise for two days?

Coopa

Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana
My son has a Russian tortoise, and we are going to be leaving for Thanksgiving for a few days...leaving Wednesday and coming back Friday night. We have timers for the tortoise's lights, and we can make sure that his water pool is full. But what would I do about food? Can we feed him one good time before we leave? Would that be enough?

He's a young tortoise that we've had for about 10 months.

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Newport Coast, CA
I'd leave my tortoise some frisee lettuce because it keeps well and that's about it. He'd be fine with nothing whatsoever for two days.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Yep...I agree with what others have already stated. Lights on timers, heating on a thermostat. Id give your tort a nice long soak right before you leave, and agsin on return. He probably won’t even know that you’ve been gone...and will sleep in.

If your guy has ever flipped or a tendency to flip, maybe even remove the water dish so there’s no chance of an accidental drowning.

All will be fine. :)

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
As you've described it, it is really only one day. Feed Wednesday morning, and again some whole partial head of green just before you leave, or at the same time that morning. Then some, even late Friday. I do this, it works.