Can torts hear/feel music?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thatrebecca

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Los Angeles, CA
Our next-door neighbors are having a rager of a graduation party tonight. My CDTs, who would normally be snug in their hides by now, are wide awake. Are they feeling the vibrations from the music?

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
They probably are "hearing" feeling the party, they probably don't feel comfortable with it and staying alert. I wouldn't worry to much

KingInCulver

5 Year Member
Southern California
I know my tortoise can hear noises like pounding and the neighbors lawnmower and it wakes him up. Probably the vibrations? Also one time my tort kinda freaked out when he was soaking and George Michael's faith was playing on the radio. He was not a fan.

saberfire06

5 Year Member
Hampton, VA
My tortoise light goes off at 8pm and around 8:30 he is normally settled into bed for the night. I try to keep my music and noise at a minimum past this time because I feel I would be annoyed if I was trying to sleep. :) Although this could just be me giving to much human characteristic to a pet but sometimes its hard not to do.

I also feel bad when I have to go to work early and have to turn on the kitchen light which is near his enclosure when hes still sleeping :)

Status
Not open for further replies.