Can Sulcata Eat Fruit?

Amelia.Walton

Location (City and/or State)
Burnet, TX
Are Sulcata considered fruit eaters? Or just offer fruit sparingly? Thought I’d plant a mulberry tree in enclosure but was worried about the berries dropping off and them eating them. Or should I plant fruitless mulberry and only give them the leaves?

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
Are Sulcata considered fruit eaters? Or just offer fruit sparingly? Thought I’d plant a mulberry tree in enclosure but was worried about the berries dropping off and them eating them. Or should I plant fruitless mulberry and only give them the leaves?
sulcata diet has more posts and advisories than any other actual tortoise posts here on TFO. This thread is about toxins in tortoises delivered via food items.

Go here . https://tortoiseforum.org/forums/sulcata-tortoises.88/

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
They are not fruit eaters, and they shouldn't be fed any fruit. Plant a variety of fruitless mulberry. Many types are available.