Can Marygold flower be fed to Indian star tortoises?

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
That Marigold is not a good tortoise food. That is the French marigold - Tagettes species. The petals are wavy and form a rounded ball.

Another flower commonly called Marigold is in the Calendula species and looks more like a daisy. The Calendula marigold are good tortoise food

Reactions: Tom

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
In addition to what Mark said, be careful about the origin of the flowers you feed. If you grew them yourself, free of chemicals, then the right plant species should be safe to feed. If that flower came from a floral bouquet it would have been grown with systemic pesticides and possibly treated with preservatives to make it last longer after cutting.

gattu&coco

india
In addition to what Mark said, be careful about the origin of the flowers you feed. If you grew them yourself, free of chemicals, then the right plant species should be safe to feed. If that flower came from a floral bouquet it would have been grown with systemic pesticides and possibly treated with preservatives to make it last longer after cutting.
Okay.. Thanks alot. I don't feed even a small leaf without asking here or someone with knowledge about tortoises. My torts dear to me more than anything..they are my babies.

gattu&coco

india
That Marigold is not a good tortoise food. That is the French marigold - Tagettes species. The petals are wavy and form a rounded ball.

Another flower commonly called Marigold is in the Calendula species and looks more like a daisy. The Calendula marigold are good tortoise food
Thanks for replying Mark[emoji4] have a lovely day