Can Hermann's eat fungi

Cynthia Whitehead

Location (City and/or State)
Powder Springs
Agrocbe ctylindraces Fungi mushroom belongs to white rot fungi. Cultivated commercially used in Chinse cooking. Some can be poisonous to humans.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Agrocbe ctylindraces Fungi mushroom belongs to white rot fungi. Cultivated commercially used in Chinse cooking. Some can be poisonous to humans.
I don't know about that one, but they can eat the ones that are safe for human consumption. This should only be a very small percentage of the overall diet.

Be aware that even mycologists sometimes have a tough time identifying one mushroom species from another. There are many look-a-likes where one is harmless and the other is deadly toxic. Not something I'd mess around with.

Cynthia Whitehead

Powder Springs
I don't know about that one, but they can eat the ones that are safe for human consumption. This should only be a very small percentage of the overall diet.

Be aware that even mycologists sometimes have a tough time identifying one mushroom species from another. There are many look-a-likes where one is harmless and the other is deadly toxic. Not something I'd mess around with.
Thank you. I will not give to them since I'm not sure.