Calling All Canadians

Status
Not open for further replies.

geckos65

5 Year Member
I live in Toronto and trying to find out were to get weeds for our Hermanns Tortoise. We can't get seeds from Carolina pet supply or any where in the States, can't ship here. Also cactus pads where would I find them? Any body from Toronto know if they can be found at Kensington Market.

Angi

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
La Mesa, CA.
I am hearing that a lot of things can not be shipped to Canada. Does it seem strict to you?

geckos65

5 Year Member
I am hearing that a lot of things can not be shipped to Canada. Does it seem strict to you?
yes and no. It's frustrating for me but I guess they want to control what is grown here.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
It does seem to be a problem. The best you can do is look up a seed company in Canada and plant what is available. There are lots of flowers, clover, grasses and hays that I am sure you can get seeds, etc for to grow. Check out some of the flower shops in your area too. Maybe they could help you with the cactus. Make a list from thetortoisetable.org of edible safe plants and start checking out Canadian seed companies and flower shops. Good luck

HtVic

5 Year Member
I live in Toronto, just go to the local garden centre
and I found this supplier willing to ship seeds to Toronto, I just bought some recently

Status
Not open for further replies.