Calcium

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyV

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Winslow AZ
I live in Winslow...we have a wal-Mart and that's it :( I do love it here, took me a while to adjust but you can't buy a lot of things. There are no calcium powder or anything like that our "supposedly" Super Wal-Mart. I bought a bird calcium bone for my birds.....can I scrape off a bit onto Bella's food, or do I need to order something else?

Thanks

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
Cuddle Bone Will Work, Or You Can Order The Right Powder Online :)

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
I use the one's they sale for birds. I just grind them down into powder form then sprinkle..

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
The Catskill Mountains of New York State
I purchase this calcium carbonate powder online, average price under $4 per 12oz. container:

B6sbIHwBGkKGrHqIOKjwEylRCJbK7BMySQ77Y0_35.jpg

HLogic

5 Year Member
Florida, USA
Speak with the pharmacist, I'm sure they can get calcium carbonate (or even gluconate or lactate or citrate...).

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
The best calcium supplements are those that use very fine powdered versions of easily absorbed versions of calcium. Cuttlebone is OK as far as it goes, but calcium citrate is the best overall choice, although it a.) is more expensive, and b.) you need more of the powder to get the same dose as you would for calcium carbonate. Calcium carbonate, the most common form, is just fine for most of us.

You should be able to order the pure powder on-line, or be able to get it from the pharmacist, or find it in a cheap human calcium supplement and crush, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.