Cactus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kymiie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Nottinghamshire, UK
Just been reading the website bluebeast.com that tyler stewart owns.

Its says tortoises can eat prickly pear...

Can you buy it?
Can you grow it?

Can a tortoise eat any cactus?
xx

Kymiie

5 Year Member
Nottinghamshire, UK
I cant afford the US shiping to the UK its really expensive for me, i think i will be able to get it here in uk in summer. xx

bettinge

5 Year Member
Upstate NY
What was the recommended frequency of feeding cactus? Specifically Hermanns tortoise. I think I remember it give the runs.

jobeanator

10 Year Member!
northern new york
its really good stuff for your tortoise. my sulcatas and leopards love it. if you ever look on here or faunaclassifieds people are always selling it. also on here spikethebest, aka cory sells prickley pear catus all chopped and despined. he gives a really good price!

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
I sell it. I can either leave the spines (torns or prickers as some people call them), on or off. I sell whole leaves, or chopped up. I also sell the fruit, bright red fruit that tortoises love to eat.

Kymiie

5 Year Member
Nottinghamshire, UK
Yeah but its the price im worried your going to say, cant member who but someone offered me mazuri was asking 50 GBP
was like woah x

So I really could do with an UK seller

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Kymiie! Buy some in Spain and bring them home with you (if Customs will let them in). :cool:

My husband got a bunch down in south Texas very cheap because they grow wild down there and in Mexico, which is about ten miles away from our daughter's university. Fred said he got 5 for a dollar at the local grocery store in Edinburg. ;)

I'm going to have Marci pack a bunch up when she comes home in May, after I have used up all the ones I bought from Cory. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.