Cactus pad

justino4444

5 Year Member
Ok so recently I was searching google for foods that my RT can eat and one of the things that came up was cactus pads. So I went to Kroger and was looking around for food for Thor (my RT) and I saw cactus pads! So I bought three of them and as soon as I got home I cut the spikes off of one and have it to Thor. I kid you not he finished it in five minutes!

~ Justin

parrotlady

5 Year Member
Yes, they really love it. You may want to try growing your own? Try the spineless variety.

leigti

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
southeast Washington
My Tortoise loves it also. Luckily my local grocery store carries that year-round and it's cheap :) I have heard that if the eat too much of that it can cause diarrhea, my RT gets them every other week.

justino4444

5 Year Member
My Tortoise loves it also. Luckily my local grocery store carries that year-round and it's cheap :) I have heard that if the eat too much of that it can cause diarrhea, my RT gets them every other week.
I didn't know that thanks

~ Justin

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
I'm having so much trouble finding those! Where do you get them, besides Kroger's, because there aren't any around here?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I'm having so much trouble finding those! Where do you get them, besides Kroger's, because there aren't any around here?

Mexican Grocery stores often have them. Do you have any Tres Sierras or Vallarta markets? Also, they call them "nopales" in most stores.

Alternatively, you can order them online form several sellers here on our forum. Try tortoisesupply.com.

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
Okay, thank you! I'm not sure, I'd have to look. I've read everywhere that tortoises like that stuff a lot... I'll check those places!