Cactus and squash, how often?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam3

5 Year Member
Hi guys, I just introduced my GT. to spineless cactus and squash today and he loved them both!!! (he pritty much loves everything edible lol, exept kale.) Are these ''treat'' foods or can he have them daily with his different types of greens? Thanks guys.

yoda3106

5 Year Member
sam3 said:
Hi guys, I just introduced my GT. to spineless cactus and squash today and he loved them both!!! (he pritty much loves everything edible lol, exept kale.) Are these ''treat'' foods or can he have them daily with his different types of greens? Thanks guys.

Cactus you should pretty much feed everyday, good for calcium, squash on the other hand I would say treat but I ain't to sure, may be fine but I haven't tried my GT on them yet!! More experienced members might be able to help with that but cactus a big yes to everyday!! :)

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Cactus is good...potassium, calcium and excellent source of vitamin c and magnesium and a great dietary fiber....(can create loose stool if given every day in some tort) also a good way to offer a bit of hydration....I don't know if I would feed every single day every day always...but offer frequently...

Squash has some beneficial qualities as well...calcium,potassium, magnesium,manganese, excellent source of vitamin a, vitamin c, vitamin e..and a few other goodies along with sugar...

So I would say that you would danny to include the squash but maybe once a week...primarily because of the sugar....

Just strike a balance between the two as part of a diverse diet...:D

yoda3106

5 Year Member
ascott said:
Cactus is good...potassium, calcium and excellent source of vitamin c and magnesium and a great dietary fiber....(can create loose stool if given every day in some tort) also a good way to offer a bit of hydration....I don't know if I would feed every single day every day always...but offer frequently...

Squash has some beneficial qualities as well...calcium,potassium, magnesium,manganese, excellent source of vitamin a, vitamin c, vitamin e..and a few other goodies along with sugar...

So I would say that you would danny to include the squash but maybe once a week...primarily because of the sugar....

Just strike a balance between the two as part of a diverse diet...:D

Learn something new everyday :D lol

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
Cactus is good but it can cause diarrhea, 2 to 3 times a week should be good. As for squash once a month or so should be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.