Cactus and Rose of Sharon to send?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Nebraska
If anyone has some spineless, winter hardy Opuntia or any Rose of Sharon they can share or sell, please let me know. I want to get some indoor pots of both plants going so I can plant them outside next spring, and use them for some over-winter feeding.

I would just need a few pads or plantable cuttings.

Thanks!

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
Unfortunately I don't think there are any spineless opuntia winter hardy for the upper midwest. You are in Omaha right ? The nearest you'll find are O. humifusa. These are not real spiney. Rose of Sharon should be available at reasonable price at nurseries this time of year.

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
Thanks, Larry. I know there are some 'low' or 'soft' spine Opuntias that grow wild around here, but whenever I have been looking for it, I cannot find it.

And for whatever reason, none of the nurseries I have been to carry either the cacti or the Rose of Sharon. It does not help that plants are not my strong suit!

turtlegirl88

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hi I bought cactus from tandrreptiles.webs.com they had really good prices compared to other wesites i looked at.

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
You can order seeds or pads from www.prairiemoon.com. I ordered seeds from them and they have great service. They have tons of other prairie plants too.

Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.