buying a baby sulcata online, what's the best breeder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stinax182

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Springfield, Massachusetts
there's a lot of sites online that offer them at varying prices (from 50$-150$) so i'm honestly not sure where to go. i understand that once i choose, i should still ask some follow up questions about how they've kept their babies, but can anyone help me narrow it down?? i believe ATC offered them for 50! that seems really cheap.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Read the threads in my signature first. That will really help you figure out which questions to ask. I would recommend you buy one from one of the breeders here on the forum. I had some hatch just recently. They will be ready to go soon. There are several other good breeders here on the forum too.

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Well you've come to the right place to find all the info you need for your future tortoise. There are plenty of sulcata breeders on this forum but make sure you do loads upon loads of research first.

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
stinax182 said:
there's a lot of sites online that offer them at varying prices (from 50$-150$) so i'm honestly not sure where to go. i understand that once i choose, i should still ask some follow up questions about how they've kept their babies, but can anyone help me narrow it down?? i believe ATC offered them for 50! that seems really cheap.

Go on the *Tortoise Forum Market Place* I've seen plenty there!

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Pensacola, FL
arizonatortoisecompound.com or ask Tortadise on here he will help you with that.

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
I like tortoise supply, I've heard nothing but good things about them. You need to ask them about the conditions they are keeping their hatchlings in, AND ask them, or read their care sheets provided, about how to properly care for a sulcata hatchling. If any of it is incorrect, saying things like keeping them dry, etc, then you need to run far away and don't look back.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
stinax182 said:

First though we all like to spend as little money as possible, that's not always the wisest move. Cheap often cost more in the long run. Now I see Tom has some available and whatever you do, never let him know I said this, but that's where I would go, if I were wanting a sulcata. He hatches some nice ones, I know 'cuz I have a few very special ones from him. :cool: But remember, that's just between you and me. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.