Burrowing down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carol S

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Alta Loma, CA
Hi:

I live in Southern California (Alta Loma). Three of my 5 adult Russians have burrowed down into the ground and disappeared this week even though it has been hot during the day. I guess they are down for the Winter.

My 5 desert tortoises are still up and roaming around during the day and laying in the sun.

How is everybody elses tortoises acting that live in the general vicinity?

Have a great day!

Carol :rolleyes:

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
My 4 CDTs are out during the day and inside at night as the night temps are colder here....plus this year they will brumate indoors.

My RFs are out during the day and inside by late afternoon through the night...but then again, they won't ever have to worry about brumation....LOL

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
I'm in So Cal too ... (just two cities East of you!) my Russians are just about ready. They dig down every day, and one has even managed to burrow down far enough that I can't find her. (She did this last year too.) The DTs are still roaming the yard but definitely slowing down. One of them stays in the garage most of the time now. The Hermann's are slowing down, but not close yet. I am getting ready to move those who are overwintering this year into the house today.

fgately

5 Year Member
We should re-name the RT group, the "Russian Tortoise Owners Support Group".

My three have kept me guessing, that's for sure! My little female Daisy, is the wayward and adventurous girl of the bunch. She just doesn't want to listen to me! I wouldn't be surprised if she really went nuts and ended up in some "Torts Gone Wild" video. She has been lost to me several times. Once for three months!

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
My CDT yearlings haven't a clue, they just want food 24/7, but Lou is totally slowing down, he will take a bite of grass every now again.

Status
Not open for further replies.