Burmese Star enclosure suggestions:

conservation

10 Year Member!
Can all you Burmese Star owners post photos of your enclosures and post a brief description? I currently am keeping my youngsters in a four foot by two foot melamine cage with a glass front. The fluorescent light and basking light are inside the enclosure. There are two medium size vents in the back of the cage but I taped them shut. The heat and humidity stay inside the cage. I sealed the bottom of the enclosure with plastic sheeting and waterproof tape. It is definitely not the nicest cage but is working very well. I was not planning on using this cage but it is all I had.

I ordered a $700.00 Vision cage from LLLReptile about three weeks ago. About two days after I ordered the cage, I got an email saying shipping will be $200.00 or I could pick it up from Vision Cages. Since I live about thirty minutes from Vision, I figured I should pick it up. I have now been told that I have to wait three weeks for Vision to make the cage so I can pick it up. This has been a silly and unprofessional transaction. I really needed that cage within a three week time frame yet I still do not have it. I need three more cages In the next month for hatchlings.

I need advice on which company to go with as I cannot go through this process again. Any advice? I am in the Los Angeles area and do not mind paying for shipping and a quality product.