Burmese black mountain

Status
Not open for further replies.

byles01

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio
thank you for all reply and comments in advance,
I was woundering if anyone here on the site has a burmese black mountain tort, and if you would share some photos and personal experience and info with me, the reason i ask is that this will likley be my next adoption an although i could recite the book about them to you, nothing beats the info you gather from an owner. i am a very experienced keeper, and have all the means necessary to care for one. again thanks.

Corey

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
I am one of several slaves to Black Mountain Burmese (MEPs) on the forum. I have found that mine prefer a slightly lower temp than most torts ( I keep mine at about low to mid 70's). The environment they prefer is high humidity, low light (don't bask much), and need a good sized soaking dish. Feeding like most forest torts (greens, some fruit, and protein ). They get very personable and can become beggars (mine is watching me as I type this). They do get large and require a large enclosure with plenty of shade.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
As they grow they become so personable that they can become a pest if you are trying to do something in their enclosure even if it is the whole yard, That's why I think they are great.I got my first mep in 96 a couple years later I got a mee and then another and another, I raised them to adults and found what I had was 3 males and one female,a pair of mees and 2 male mep, Long story short they are all in Florida for breeding, I am raising some more youngsters again,I also like their varied diet, they will and can eat things that other tortoises wont or shouldn't. They are great climbers,and pound for pound they are probably more destructive than most sulcatas, they will even eat the bark off of trees,but are pretty smart about what they eat,mine had access to iris,lilac,azalea, etc and never bothered eating them. I think you will enjoy keeping one (or more) if you decide on getting one.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I doubt you will find one for adoption though...

byles01

5 Year Member
Ohio
thank you all very much for your info and replys, love the pics also. and yea your right i probably wont find one for adoption and will more the likley end up purchasing from a breeder.

Status
Not open for further replies.