Bug spray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angi

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
La Mesa, CA.
I just went out side to get my torty sun box ready so Bob and Shelby could have breakfast in the sun. Well to my suprise Pest Patrol was next door doing some serious spraying right up to my property line which is about 200 feet from where my torts get their sunshine. but how far does the over spray go. They will stay in today ( sad because it is beautiful out) but will it be safe tomorrow?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I live right across the street from a very large almond orchard. Every so often they spray the orchard. The smell is strong in the air. All my tortoises live outside and there's no way I could every bring them all inside. So far, in the 15 or so years I've lived here, the over-spray hasn't hurt them.

I think you were smart to keep the tortoise indoors for the day. If the guy didn't actually spray YOUR property, it is probably ok for the tortoise to go out tomorrow.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Over spray is a scary thought, hopefully the spray stayed on the other property and your torts won't be affected in any way by it...Hope you have a sunny day tomorrow for them to enjoy..

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
It won't hurt anything to spray it down heavily too.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
They just sprayed their property but, they sprayed so much. I have never seen a bug guy cover the ground so well. Good thing I walked out when I did. Lucky we didn't have one of our wild wind days. But I will rinse every thing before I put them out tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.