Broken nail

alex_ornelas

Location (City and/or State)
newark ca
He was walking in the grass and i found him with a broke nail. I put antibiotic ointment on and will watch for infection anything else i need to do

ImageUploadedByTortForum1397859196.438528.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1397859217.387012.jpg

tortsnmore

If it seems like its getting worse or its bothering your turtle/tortoise you should bring him to an exotic vet for sure! Good luck

alex_ornelas

newark ca
I took the photo as soon as i had found that it broke so it was fresh cut but i will do that thanks

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Just keep the nail flushed a couple times with warm water and dab a touch of antibiotic ointment on it....is this the only tort in the enclosure? Do you know what created the injury? This is a common superficial damage ...I think if you care for it as you would yourself a slight nail injury, the tort should be aok...:D

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Just keep the nail flushed a couple times with warm water and dab a touch of antibiotic ointment on it....is this the only tort in the enclosure? Do you know what created the injury? This is a common superficial damage ...I think if you care for it as you would yourself a slight nail injury, the tort should be aok...:D

* I have seen this many times and it usually grows back just fine without any issues!

IMG_0198.JPG