Broadcasting with a router?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Montreal, QC, Canada
I have a webcam and I want to be able to spy on Hermy while I am at work :D.
I signed up at this site www.webcamxp.com
To see the camera, I use my laptop. To have the internet on my laptop, I have a router (the internet is connected to my fiance computer). the problem is, it does not work, I am never able to see Hermy from another computer (I can only see it from my laptop and from my fiance's computer). We called the 1-800 number of our router's company. The girl tried to fix the problem, but it still does not work. I spoke with one of my colleague (he is very good with computer) and he told me that it is almost imposible to broadcast something because I have a router and it is one of his fonction (to make it imposible to broadcast a webcam).
Does anyone of you know if it is possible?
I am so not good with the computers so I am clueless on what should I do.

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Lol Isa - I have NO clue - but I'm going to try set it up this evening, and I'll be able to tell you tomorrow if it's working :)
Actually wait, I can't - my work PC is in for a service so I have my laptop here at work....gosh, will have to wait haha

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Stazz said:
Lol Isa - I have NO clue - but I'm going to try set it up this evening, and I'll be able to tell you tomorrow if it's working :)
Actually wait, I can't - my work PC is in for a service so I have my laptop here at work....gosh, will have to wait haha

Remo called the company again and it worked yesterday woohooo, but this morning I tried at work and it does not work :rolleyes:. O boy, maybe Hermy did something because he does not want me to spy on him :D

Stazz

5 Year Member
Hahaha yeah, he gave the camera the beady eye....they shook hands to say it wnt work for you :p
I hope it works next, I'd love to spy on hermy :D

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Stazz said:
Hahaha yeah, he gave the camera the beady eye....they shook hands to say it wnt work for you :p
I hope it works next, I'd love to spy on hermy :D

I can't wait to know what he does while he is home alone :D. I hope he does not invite friends and make huge crazy party :D

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Isa, don't be surprised. I am sure my dogs have a party while I'm at work. I think they are inviting the next door neighbors cats, she has dozens. When I come home from work my chair (a big overstuffed thing) is moved a few inches as well as another smaller chair and sometimes my coffee table. I think they are dancing in the livingroom. LOL

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Crazy1 said:
Isa, don't be surprised. I am sure my dogs have a party while I'm at work. I think they are inviting the next door neighbors cats, she has dozens. When I come home from work my chair (a big overstuffed thing) is moved a few inches as well as another smaller chair and sometimes my coffee table. I think they are dancing in the livingroom. LOL

Robyn, be sure to leave a couple of bowls of chips and some brown pop before you leave for work. their friends will find them very cool :cool: :p

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
You need to have it hosted on your home network (if you have one). I had a friend set it up so I don't know anything further than that. Sorry!

Stazz

5 Year Member
LOL Robyn !!!! Poor Tallula has no one to party with ....unless the dogs on the ground floor come and play, but they would have to grow wings to fly up to our balcony to get in hahaha. Funny about your dogs though !

Status
Not open for further replies.