Breeder recomemdations

latishab2001

Location (City and/or State)
Lafayette
We are new to tortoises but have had aquatic turtles before. We decided on the red footed tortoise but have a few breeders in mind and need help choosing which one to go with.
Petsmart?- i was told no but we found one my daughter really like
Cbreptile?
Tortoisetown?

I would appreciate any feedback

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
We are new to tortoises but have had aquatic turtles before. We decided on the red footed tortoise but have a few breeders in mind and need help choosing which one to go with.
Petsmart?- i was told no but we found one my daughter really like
Cbreptile?
Tortoisetown?

I would appreciate any feedback
Stay away from CBReptiles and Tortoise town. You don't want to get a tortoise there. Check out Tortstork. I highly recommend him.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
If your daughter really likes the tortoise at Petsmart, and it looks healthy, with bright, beady eyes and is moving and eating well, I'd go ahead and get that one. Just realize you can't listen to ANY of the advice the store gives you. And especially DON'T buy what they recommend. They're in the business to sell things and make a profit, and most of them don't really know what your tortoise needs to be healthy and happy.

Read our care sheets before you buy any supplies:

haydog_99

Rocklin, CA
Stay away from CBReptiles and Tortoise town. You don't want to get a tortoise there. Check out Tortstork. I highly recommend him.
I wish I would have seen this before ordering my leopard. I used CB Reptiles, what’s the biggest concern with them? Thanks in advance.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
I wish I would have seen this before ordering my leopard. I used CB Reptiles, what’s the biggest concern with them? Thanks in advance.
They aren't breeders, they're flippers. Meaning they don't breed the tortoises, they buy Hatchlings from any source (regardless of how they're started, and sometimes WC) and resell them. So it is possible to get a well started Hatchling from them, but the chances are probably higher for getting an unhealthy one.