Breath taking every time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
Nothing like the thrill of finding this in the incubator, we find it breath taking every time. :) What an awesome experience, our 3rd Pyxis arachnoides arachnoides baby this year, 173 days after being laid and 102 days after cooling to break diapause.

Enjoy!! :D
IMG_1339.jpg

M

Maggie Cummings

It's hard to imagine a life so small...thanks. I recognize the tweezers, man, that baby is little

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Inland Empire, CA
What a wonderful thing. I never tire of seeing a hatching or hatchling. About how much do they weigh when they are freshly hatched? Looking forward to seeing it out of the shell. And many more.

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Great picture Tim & Robin :D Always great to see little faces peering out at you. :D

Danny

Seiryu

10 Year Member!
SE Michigan
Wow he is VERY small. I didn't realize they come out, what the size of a penny? maybe smaller?

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Can't wait to see full pictures of your new little one. What do your girls think each time this happens now? Do they get bored waiting since it takes a while for them to come out of their shell or are they patient waiting for them to come out? :)

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Congratulations :).
Wow what a little cutie, thanks for sharing the amazing picture.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
You guys take the best pictues....I can't wait to see that baby. If I ever hatched one of these babies....I don't think my heart could take it. It must be the most exciting thing ever!

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
Robyn- this baby was 12 grams (that's about 12 paper clips). Truly, you hardly know you are holding one.

Seiryu- probably more like the size of a quarter.

Candy- our girls don't get bored with it. They take a lot of interest and pride in everything with the tortoises. They are about half of the "staff" it takes to get all the tortoise care done around here (and thank goodness for their help).

Terry- actually our 9 year-old took the first picture. The girls got cameras for their birthdays a couple weeks ago so now Robin has apprentices :p

Here are some more photos today. Robin just got a macro lens and still trying to learn how to use it, so forgive the less than perfect shots.

20090707_6758.jpg

20090707_6759.jpg

20090707_6764.jpg

Two perfect extra scutes at the end.
20090707_6770.jpg

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I always eagerly look forward to the threads you do in this section and they never fail to make me smile and feel like all is right with the world. I love the shell on this beauty from both the top view and the behind. Gotto love those extra scute babies!

Madortoise

5 Year Member
I agree with Jacqui. Beautiful shell pattern. So cute...camera shy and innocent!

Status
Not open for further replies.