Boxie Eye

Status
Not open for further replies.

harwood

5 Year Member
Hi I'm hoping some one could help me (well my boxie really:p) my ornate box turtle eye seems to have swollen over night :( the left eye is fine but the right hand one looks like this -

Photo035.jpg

Their enclosure has a large bath, a basking spot which reaches about 87 and a small heater which kicks in if the temperatures at night drop below 65(the lowest temp last night was 69) does this sound ok??

Any input would be really welcomed:)

Thanks

Harwood

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
It looks like some sort of irritation or injury to me. Its not the nictitating membrane, because that swells in from the inside corner of the eye. Just flush it out with sterile saline solution several times a day. If you have anti-biotic eye ointment it would be good to use it. But flushing will probably do the trick.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
emysemys said:
It looks like some sort of irritation or injury to me. Its not the nictitating membrane, because that swells in from the inside corner of the eye. Just flush it out with sterile saline solution several times a day. If you have anti-biotic eye ointment it would be good to use it. But flushing will probably do the trick.

Ditto. If a second opinion makes you feel any better. You can get sterile water over the counter at the drug store...

M

Maggie Cummings

Roachman26 said:
emysemys said:

Ditto. If a second opinion makes you feel any better.

Me three! If three opinions make it any better. You can get sterile water over the counter at the drug store...

harwood

5 Year Member
The eye now looks like the one in the picture terryo posted, I've got a vet appointement booked but its not till tomorrow morning, is there anything else I can do till then except continue to try and flush they eye?

Harwood

Status
Not open for further replies.