Box turtle eggs!

Kory

Location (City and/or State)
New Orleans, Louisiana
So last night I caught my gulf coast girl nesting. She gave me 5 eggs! Then tonight I just caught my 3 toed girl nesting. She has only been with me a couple of weeks, and is housed alone so unsure if hers will be fertile or not. I don't really know much about her previous life so do not know if she was ever with males. Im tossing them in the incubator just in case. Here are pics of the eggs! Any tips greatly appreciated! Now they are in the plastic containers in moist vermiculite. I have the incubator at 80 degrees and the humidity lingering between 85%-90%. These are my first ever reptile eggs that I am attempting to incubate. Thanks for any help!
image-2.jpg image-3.jpg

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
How exciting! I love little hatchling box turtles. Hope to see some adorable pictures from you soon! :)

turtlelady80

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Farm
Your temps and humidity sound good! Just keep an eye for any molding eggs... you don't want them around the good eggs. You should start to see veins in about 3 weeks if viable! But if you don't see veins, that doesn't mean their no good! I don't toss any eggs unless they constantly are moldy or smelly. Don't move/turn the eggs if you do decide to candlelight them. Looking at the pic, you have done your research and know what your doing. That's a start! Happy hatching!!!