Bought a Tegu today!!!

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
So after doing a lot of research about Tegus I finally decided to buy one. I bought a black and white tegu, will be here Thursday.
Im so excited!! The breeder sent me a picture today after we got done chatting on phone about particulars

Attachments

• IMG_6970.jpg
    IMG_6970.jpg
    305.6 KB · Views: 105

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
My grandson has one of those, but quite a bit bigger than the one in the picture. The whole family has to vacate the house after the creature has pooped. It's quite smelly!!!

tegu-1.jpg

tegu-2.jpg

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
O wow that is a big one.
Mine is just a yearling, or maybe even younger. I wanted the smallest one so I could really socialize with it as it grows
Its going to be put in a 20" wide and 5 feet long enclosure, with front sliding plexidoors.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
My grandson's is a very nice animal. I'm sure you're going to enjoy yours, but keep after taming it. Don't let weeks go by with no interaction.

NicoleB26

5 Year Member
Rome, OH
So cool! My boyfriend has 3 they are very cool....enjoy!

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
Yvonne G said:
My grandson's is a very nice animal. I'm sure you're going to enjoy yours, but keep after taming it. Don't let weeks go by with no interaction.

O I won't :) none of my animals go a day without interaction. My torts get held every day, soaked, feed and loved on. My plan is for my Tegu (who will be named Oreo) to be my shoulder buddy. Cruise my room with me, the house. I'm going to try and potty train him

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
Very cool! I don't know anything about them, but he looks super!
Enjoy!