Bookshelves

Cozmo88

Location (City and/or State)
Rhode Island
Hi guys!

I really do need to upgrade my Russian tortoise’s enclosure, because it is too small for him and he is an adult. (I know it’s too small, please don’t yell at me, lol)

with that being said, I’m not too handy, and I’m looking for a bigger wooden home for him, so I can also finally set up proper lighting for him as well. (He does have his basking light and I do take him out daily for some sun in his not finished enclosure, but I babysit him). He’s currently in a glass tank enclosure, I’ve had him for about a month. I’m in the process of building him an outdoor enclosure, but it’s been close to 100 degrees the past two weeks so I cannot bring myself to go outside to finish it because I don’t do well in the heat.

Anyway, I’ve been reading that bookshelves can be used for enclosures. And I’d like a quick fix to his current housing situation. I also don’t want to buy a bookshelf that’s toxic to him (paint wise). Does anybody who has bought a bookshelf for their tort have a link for theirs?

thank you :). Here a picture if my Leo!

Attachments

• E02656E2-E62A-45F6-8EC9-6CDBED77E123.jpeg
    E02656E2-E62A-45F6-8EC9-6CDBED77E123.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 13

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
The bookcase wouldn't work for outside, but indoors, you would line it with a shower curtain or plastic sheeting, so any wood is ok.

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Craigslist-free. PEOPLE throw out the dangest things. Saw a commercial diplay case with two glass doors- with a few mods it would be perfect for a medium snake or lizard-----FREE

Cozmo88

Rhode Island
The bookcase wouldn't work for outside, but indoors, you would line it with a shower curtain or plastic sheeting, so any wood is ok.
Yes, I’m looking for a new indoor one for him, as i’m already in the process of setting up his 8’x4’ one outside :)